This is the continuing tale of the beautiful, titan haired, Autumn, who inherited her grandfather’s treasured Burger Bar. She announced she was turning it into a vegetarian restaurant but instead of taking the time to make a business out of it, she took off and partied much to the great despair of her family.
I love the 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups and have great fun using the word prompts that Julia gives us each week. Writing a new piece to add to the Autumn’s tale using only 100 words certainly is a challenge.
Autumn is becoming quite popular with readers and hopefully I will be able to build an interesting story, with everyone eagerly waiting for the next episode.
Our words this week are you bought her what with no punctuation so it can be used whichever way we want.
It wasn’t an onerous task calling the family together. A three-line whip wasn’t necessary, Sally knew everyone was concerned. It was held on the rare occasion that Autumn was at the restaurant. Whether it was working or socializing they didn’t much care, the fact she was there was a relief.
They were eager to hear Sally’s plan for her wayward daughter.
“We can’t believe what you bought her. What made you decide on a life coach?”
Sally, delighted with herself, explained he will help Autumn take stock of how to manage her working and social life.
They all beamed.
Please hop over to Julia’s Place and take time to read the varied, clever and interesting contributions to this weeks 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups.
When you have done that can I suggest that you then visit 100wc.net. It is the original 100 word project and is for children under 16. They desperately need more people to comment on these amazing pieces of work written by children. Also it would be great to spread the word – the more people involved the better.
- All she ever wanted (sjb Writing)
- Dead Man Walking (Hermelness Speaks)
- A conversation (The Five f’s)
- Shattered (Blog up North)
- You cannot be serious (Mrs Halfords Blog)
- The Gift Challenge (Writing from the Edge)
- Autumn Inherits the Bar (100 Word Challenge Week #17) (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Autumn makes her announcement (100 Word Challenge Week #16) (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- A Father’s Dilemma: 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #20 (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Autumn’s Auction Shocker: 100 WCGU – Week #26 (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)