The 100 Word Challenge this week was to use the words aghast, aquamarine, aeroplane, acted and after plus the normal 100 words. Having not written about our friend Autumn and her exploits for a few weeks I thought it was time to bring her back.
Please visit Julia’s Place and take a look at the other contributors.
Whilst sitting in the hotel lounge, mindlessly thumbing through the auctioneer’s catalogue, Autumn’s mother found herself staring aghast at the full page coloured photograph of her grandmother’s Art Deco diamond and aquamarine brooch.
It was unmistakable and the last time she saw it was on the lapel of her daughter’s coat as she boarded the aeroplane to London. Autumn clearly had acted fast to get to the auction house in time for it to be in this month’s issue.
After regaining her equilibrium, Sally decided it was now time to rein Autumn in. How, was the question and initially an urgent family conference was important.
- Autumn Inherits the Bar (100 Word Challenge Week #17) (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Aquamarine (wordsonehundred.wordpress.com)
- A Father’s Dilemma: 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #20 (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- It falls (blogupnorth.wordpress.com)
- Acceptance Speech (sjbwriting)
- The Survivor (Venthal Theatre)