The most exciting thing about The Weekly Photo Challenge is that I am discovering places in and around the town I live. Last week, I discovered an old graveyard when locating shots for the prompt Hidden.
This week the prompt is Windows.
I didn’t hesitate, I knew immediately I was going to take a look at the houseboats moored on the mud flats at Shoreham Beach. Friends have often said how weird and wonderful they were and a must to see – it has taken me 10 years to take a look.
These incredible houseboats are build out of a collection of barges, old boats and other paraphernalia, one is even has a coach on the upper deck. I could have spent all day photographing the variety of windows that were used to make these homes and posted photo after photo, however, I have decided just to show a few and this post is about windows not boats. Maybe I can photograph them for another time.
The boat made out of a coach, is a work of art and consists of other parts of cars, the roof at the front is something that looks as though it was last in a fairground and I am not sure where the windows came from but they are incredible.
The other shots, I have made into collages this week, so that I can include 8 photos without you having to scroll down the page forever.
These are the more bizarre, and here you can see a little more of the oddity above.
These are a few of the more normal, whatever that is for Shoreham House Boats.
- Verda Houseboat (shorehamhouseboats)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows (thedailypost.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows (alightershadeofgrey.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dragon Window (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows (slightlyinsightful.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows (aartigarde.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows (smkelly8.wordpress.com)