The theme for this Weekly Photo Challenge is CREATE:
“The best part about creating something is being in the moment, relishing the creativity you’re experiencing, and letting your actions guide you to an end goal. Then you can step back and admire your work!”
I have created many things in my life. The most important is my daughters, however I can’t take much of the credit, I just started them off and set them in the right direction. They are something I step back and admire all the time, mainly because they are their own creation.
Then there is my garden, created over 12 years. It was an ivy covered expanse which has taken time, love and dedication, a bit like bringing up children. Most of my posts are garden based and I wanted to do something different this time.
Sitting right in front of me, under the coffee table is a knitting box, full of elements of creation – knitting needles, yarns, patterns galore and half knitted items waiting for me to create something.
I used to knit a lot, especially chunky jumpers for my late, ex-husband and my daughters were kitted out in hand knitted clothes. As they grew older, the knitting stopped; until my grandson arrived. Out came the knitting needles and baby knits were the order of the day. My granddaughter, who arrived 4 years later has not been so lucky. As I have got older, so have my joints and arthritis has affected my wrists.
I am like a child in a toy shop when it comes to wool shops. I buy patterns and yarn, start knitting with gusto and then my wrists give out and I give up. In the box there are balls of soft baby bamboo yarn in orange, yellow, red and white, which I bought 18 months ago.
Needless to say I didn’t finish it and recently resurrected the pattern, fortunately it goes up to 6 years, and started to create a striped cardigan for her second birthday.
It needs a lot of concentration, the different knitting stitches are part of the pattern, it was my idea to use different colours. I do create difficulties for myself!
My grand daughter had her second birthday a few weeks ago and her cardigan is still on my needles.
I have made a promise to myself that I will create this special cardigan for a very special granddaughter, within the next few weeks. Having writing this post, it has spurred me on because now everyone who has read this will know that there is a cardigan waiting for me to create.
© Hurtlingtowards60 and Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond. ©AarTeePhotography Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Create (dailyPost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: create (gusgus64.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: CREATE… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: CREATE (thetaskmistress.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Create (linens2lace.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge:- Create (jfb57.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: CREATE (Indian Cuisine) (theblacktwig.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Create (foldedcranes.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Create (a little bit humorous) (juliapulia.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Create (shabnamphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Create (thekindnesskronicles.wordpress.com)