The Weekly Photo Challenge this week is FRIENDSHIP.
This challenge has made me look at what Friendship is and in my opinion:-
- It is a mutual affection for each other.
- It is having sympathy and empathy, understanding and compassion.
- It is giving emotional support.
- It is enjoying each other’s company
- It is being able to trust.
- It is being yourself, express your own feelings and make mistakes without fear of judgement.
“When true friends meet in adverse hour;
‘Tis like a sunbeam through a shower.
A watery way an instant seen,
The darkly closing clouds between.”
– Sir Walter Scott
I am lucky, I have and value two good and dear friends, who are also neighbours. Always there when we need each other and always ready with a smile and a glass of wine! It was these two wonderful women who were determined last July that I was going to celebrate my 60th birthday – what greater FRIENDSHIP is that.
May there always be work for your hands to do,
may your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine on your windowpane,
may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you,
may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.”
– Irish Blessing
At the other end of the scale, children are beginning to learn how to make and keep friends. In the earliest stage of friendship, the relationship is based on parallel playing. As young children, a friend is someone who engages in play and permits the other child to use or borrow her playthings. According to the experts, first friendships are created when a child is about age 3, although pre-schoolers may play together before that age. The next photo I took of my granddaughter playing with another child, it was lovely to watch how they interacted with each other, learning about FRIENDSHIP.
” A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one’s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.”
- Arabian Proverb
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- The Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (craftcrazygran.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge : “Friendship” – When I was gifted a star (justanotherwakeupcall.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (mizroketfoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (taochildseyes.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship – L’amitié (frenchtwistedwoman.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (waldina.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (thesacredcave.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (theretiringsort.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: “Friendship” (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (elspethc.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (implicado.wordpress.com)
- Daily Post Challenge – Friendship (thegingerbreadcafe.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge:- Friendship (jfb57.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Friendship (thisthatandwhateverelseicanthinkof.wordpress.com)
© Hurtlingtowards60 and Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond. ©AarTeePhotography Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited