LIBERTY EMPIRE APPLE YELLOW ENORMOUS
A further chapter in Autumn’s Tale:
It took hours to decide on the menu. After heated discussions with the chef, Francois Liberty, they finally decided on the signature dessert dish. It was a twist on Autumn’s favourite apple crumble and custard:
A layer of apple and cinnamon jelly,
then sliced, cooked Bramley apple,
followed by a layer of crushed gingernut biscuits, and
topped with homemade vanilla ice cream
(yellow custard did not have a place here).
It was to be served in champagne flutes, as enormous portions were not de rigueur in Ruby’s. Tomorrow was the opening of the first of Autumn’s empire of vegetarian restaurants.
© Hurtlingtowards60 and Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond, 2011 – 2015. ©AarTeePhotography 2011 – 2015 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited.
Related articles (just a few samples of the great stories using this weeks prompts)
- Living Vicariously (taochild.wordpress.com)
- A Day in the Life of a Supermodel (Ramblings/Jabbersville)
- The Closing Hand (Older Mum in a Muddle)
- 100 Word Challenge Week #42 (Anglers Rest)
- 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #42 (jfb57.wordpress.com)
- Previous chapters of Autumn’s tale:
- 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #40 : Autumn’s Birthday Present Surprise (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Is it Harry Who is Falling Now? : 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #37 (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Goes Sky Diving: 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #36 (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)