I didn’t intended to play catch up and write two blog posts in one day. The thing is you have to strike when inspiration comes your way.
Day 2 is Write a List, and not being a list writer I hesitated over this prompt. Those avid list writers will probably have found this easy and steamed ahead.
As I sat here with the radio on, I suddenly heard the announcer talking about lists of foolish things and he started to interview a lady who talked about the dormant things we keep, unable to throw out. What a coincidence and how fortunate. I immediately thought about my ‘useful/not so useful things’ aka ‘dumping’ kitchen drawer. I expect we all have one, this is mine.
Here is my list of some of the dormant artefacts in my kitchen drawer:-
- Tea towel and a few dishcloths.
- Wooden corkscrew – I do use this frequently.
- A selection of batteries, some are loose rolling around in the drawer, I suspect they are used and just not thrown away.
- Wooden rolling pin – I’ve not made pastry or smashed biscuit crumbs for years!
- A variety of different sized ClipIts – but I can never find the right size when needed.
- A battery operated lid remover – very useful, especially as I have arthritic wrists.
- A Vacu Wine pump – not used very often these days with the advent of screw tops.
- 4 plastic egg cup poachers – an impulse buy from Lakeland and not very practical.
- A little brown leather purse with a broken zip – why am I keeping that!?
- Rolls of cling film and tin foil.
- Night lights and candles – in case of a power cut.
- Phone charger for a phone that has long gone.
- Bodum battery operated whisk.
- Packet of masonry nails!
- A door key on a blue plastic fob – goodness knows what that belongs to.
- A couple of spotlight bulbs.
- Finally, but by no means the last thing in the drawer, is a very peculiar rubber thing. Any sensible and clean ideas would be welcome. I think it’s for removing lids but can’t remember buying it, and it if did, whatever was I thinking!